Banana Malteser Muffins
There’s only one word to describe these fabulous muffins. YUM!
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Place eight paper muffin cases into a muffin tray, or line with squares of greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, then rub in the TREX with your fingertips. Stir in the sugar.
3. In a jug, beat together the egg, vanilla extract, banana and milk. Add to the dry ingredients with the chopped Maltesers and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and transfer to the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
5. For the topping, beat together the butter, muscovado sugar and icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Swirl an equal amount on top of each muffin, then decorate with banana chips and Maltesers.