Perfect for fun family gatherings, you can decorate these fab cup cakes to suit any celebration, whether they are for a birthday, a wedding or a christening.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/ Gas Mark 4. Place 12 paper muffin cases into a muffin tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the TREX and sugar until light and fluffy. You can do this by hand with a wooden spoon, or use a hand-held electric mixer. Gradually add the beaten eggs, beating well between each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and milk.
3. Sift the flour and salt into the mixing bowl, then gently fold them into the mixture using a large metal spoon.
4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Transfer to the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, until risen and golden. Cool in the tin for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To make the icing, beat the butter in a basin until smooth and creamy. Gradually sift in the icing sugar, beating well between each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and add the food colouring, if using, then use to top the cakes. Add purchased cake decorations, if you like.