Luxury Mince Pies
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and rub in the TREX with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in the icing sugar, orange zest, orange juice and 2 tbsp of the beaten egg mixture. Mix together with a round-bladed knife until the pastry clings together. Form the dough into a ball, then wrap in cling film and chill for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
3. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until 5mm (¼in) thick. Stamp out 12 rounds with a 7.5mm (3in) cutter, then 12 rounds with a 6mm (2 ½in) cutter, re-rolling the pastry as necessary. Alternatively, use a star-shaped cutter to stamp out the tops.
4. Place the larger rounds of pastry into patty tins and add 1 level tsp of mincemeat, then 1 level tsp of cream cheese. Brush the pastry rims with the beaten egg, then place the lids on top, sealing the edges together. Brush with beaten egg, to glaze.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool for a few minutes, then serve, sprinkled with icing sugar.